Kris Sellstrom grew up in Jamestown and pursed his undergraduate degree at the University of Vermont. He has since returned to the area and serves as an electrical engineer for the Jamestown Board of Public Utilities. He is excited about the opportunities available in Chautauqua county and truly believes in making strong connections in the community. Here are some of his favorite things to do our area:
- Boating on Chautauqua Lake
- Hiking in the Allegheny forest and other nature-rich areas
- Ski Patrolling at Holiday Valley
- Watching sunsets along the shores of Lake Erie
- Interacting with other people from the Community (usually at local establishments that serve delicious beer!)
Amber Grekalski was born and raised in Frewsburg. She is a graduate of Saint Bonaventure University where she holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and a Master’s degree in Integrated Marketing Communications. She also received her Associate’s degree in Business Administration from Jamestown Community College. Currently, Amber works at the United Way of Southern Chautauqua County as the Resource Development Coordinator. She is passionate about the outdoors, art, adventure, and travel. Here are some of her favorite things about the area:
- Enjoying the changing scenery of each season
- Taking advantage of the many recreational activities – kayaking, biking, hiking, and more!
- Spending time at Chautauqua Institution in the summer
- Dining at Forte in downtown Jamestown
- Attending community-oriented festivals and events throughout the year
Jacqueline Phelps grew up in Bemus Point and graduated from Maple Grove High School. She attended Canisius College and Thomas M. Cooley Law School and was admitted to the New York State Bar in June of 2012. Following her admittance, Jacqueline returned to Chautauqua County and began interning with Judge Stephen Cass when an opportunity to work for Congressman Tom Reed presented itself. Jacqueline currently serves as the Chautauqua County Regional Director to Congressman Reed handling speaking engagements, events, and social security casework for the Congressman. She loves the opportunity to give back to the community that provided her with so much. In her spare time, Jacqueline and her fiancé Craig love to take advantage of all Chautauqua County has to offer. Here are some of her favorite things to do our area
- Spending summer days in Bemus
- Exercising at the YMCA,
- Enjoying a night out with friends at a local establishment
- Making spontaneous plans to enjoy community activities
Simone Sellstrom is originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma. She received both her B.A. and M.A. in Communication from the University of Arkansas. Upon graduation, Simone accepted a job as a faculty member at Jamestown Community College. In this position she serves as the coordinator of the Communication department and director of the Media Arts, Visual Arts, and Performing Arts division of the college. She is also a board member at the YWCA and enjoys participating in community events. The move to Jamestown has been exciting and she appreciates the friendly welcome she has received since moving here in 2013. Throughout the year you can find Simone at some of her favorite places in the area:
- Playing with her dog, London, at the dog park in Lakewood
- Skiing the slopes at Holiday Valley
- Grilling out on the shores of Barcelona at Lake Erie
- Having breakfast at the Coffee Cup or Phil and Cindy’s – breakfast is the best!
- Shopping at the Farmer’s Market during the summer months
Blake Tarana was born and raised in Lakewood, NY and currently lives in Jamestown. He attended St. Bonaventure University in which he obtained a degree in Management Sciences. Blake is co-owner of the local Tim Hortons alongside his mother and father. He feels Jamestown is a city that has great possibilities, both economically and socially. He plans on staying in Jamestown to try and help the community move forward. Blake’s favorite activities in the area include:
- Golfing at Moonbrook Country Club in the summer
- Gambling at the Seneca Alleghany Casino
- Skiing at Holiday Valley during the winter
- Bringing his dog to the multiple parks and the lake to play
- Enjoying the many local bars, restaurants, and breweries.
Bryce Ireland was born and raised in Panama, NY. He received a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentrations in Finance and Management from Houghton College. Upon returning from college, he spent several years in the financial sector and has since become part of his family’s 4th generation insurance agency, J. Edwards Insurance, with locations in Panama and Jamestown. He serves on several non-for-profit boards in the Jamestown area and is passionate about giving back. Bryce and his wife, Katie, reside in Bemus Point, NY. Some of his favorite things about the area are:
- Boating on Chautauqua Lake
- Spending time with friends and family
- Skiing in the winter
- Golfing during the summer
- Meeting and connecting people in the region
Megan Herman was born and raised in Jamestown and currently resides in Bemus Point. She graduated from Jamestown Community College before transferring to SUNY Albany and earned her bachelor’s degree in Economics and master’s degree in Public Administration and Policy. She is an Assistant Vice President/Commercial Loan Officer at Jamestown Savings Bank, a division of Northwest Savings Bank. In her role as a lender, she meets with local business owners to discuss banking products and services, underwrites loan accommodations and manages a commercial loan portfolio. She has worked at the bank for about 6 years and enjoys it very much. Here are some of her favorite things to do in our area:
- Community involvement – Megan currently serves as a member of the Community Foundation on the Community Service Grants Allocation Committee, as co-chair of the Business Team for the 20145 United Way Campaign, as a YWCA Board Member, a Chautauqua Opportunities for Development, Inc. board member, a Junior Achievement Volunteer at Fenner Elementary and as co-chair of Jamestown Young Professionals.
- Spending time with her husband, Eric, a City of Jamestown Fire Fighter and their two fur babies, Fatty (a formerly stray cat) and Bud (a 10 year old beagle with allergies that was recently rescued from the Chautauqua County Humane Society)
- Buying and selling antiques – our area is full of great antique shops. Megan loves going to household sales on the weekends. You never know what you’re going to find!
- Snowmobiling in the winter – there are amazing snowmobile trails in our area!
- Spending a weekend afternoon in Bemus where there is something for everyone! Gift shops, coffee, ice cream, antiques!
Joe Town grew up in Chautauqua County and attended Niagara University where he obtained a Bachelors Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management wit the hopes of helping to develop WNY Tourism. He then went on to work With Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants out of Boston Massachusetts and then worked his way back to WNY working with Hyatt in Buffalo NY, Olives Restaurant in Mayville, Andriaccios Restaurant and now Moon Brook Country Club. His passion is in helping to create a unique and memorable experience no matter what he is doing. Joe is also the areas only Certified Sommelier traveling the world to learn more about the process and production of wine, beer and spirits. He has an immense passion for food and beverage. He loves WNY and believes that the area serves as a great hub for travel. You can find Joe in WNY usually doing:
- Eating the worlds greatest pizza at Paces Pizza on W. 3rd.
- Talking to his friends and guests in his Club usually doing a wine tasting or sharing travel experiences. (moonbrookcc.com)
- Leading his team. (winewithjoe.com)
- Relaxing with his family every Sunday-usually cooking.
- Spending as much time in or around Lake Chautauqua.
Jehuu Caulcrick moved to Findley Lake, NY from Liberia West Africa at the age of 10 years old. He went to Clymer High School and after graduating, attended Michigan State University where he played football and completed a degree in Sociology. Following college, Jehuu played in the NFL for five years for the NY Jets, San Francisco 49’ers, and the Buffalo Bills. After his football career, he worked with the PAC 12 Network as a Broadcast Color Analyst for three years in California. Jehuu is excited to return to the Jamestown area where he is a Football coach at Southwestern High school and the Director of Dream It, Do It WNY/MAST. Some of his favorite things in the area include:
- Snowboarding at Peek N’ Peak
- Going out to listen to live music
- Hanging out on Chautauqua Lake
- Dining at the local restaurants
Eddie Sundquist was born and raised in Jamestown, NY. He received a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from St. John Fisher College. Eddie is a former middle school science teacher and holds a Master’s of Science in Education from the University of Pennsylvania. After teaching, Eddie decided to return to Western New York and attend the University at Buffalo School of Law where he received his Juris Doctor degree. Missing his family and friends, Eddie came back to Jamestown to practice law with the firm of Lewis & Lewis, P.C., helping injured workers and grieving families across the Southern tier. Eddie loves Chautauqua and the opportunities it offers young professionals and families. In his spare time, you can find him:
- Grabbing a beer at Southern Tier Brewery or Brazil
- Watching the sun set on Chautauqua Lake
- Volunteering with local community organizations
- Walking his dog, Zoey, around the City of Jamestown Parks
- Meeting new people moving into the area
Matt Mazgaj grew up in Lakewood, New York and graduated from Southwestern High School. He attended Washington and Jefferson College and graduated with a degree in Biology. Later, he attended Georgetown University Law Center and received his J.D. Matt and his wife Mary (Ungerer) who is also from Lakewood, lived in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., London England, and Rockville, Maryland before returning to the area in the spring of 2016 to raise their two (now three) children. Matt works at the Jamestown office of Phillips Lytle LLP. After working for a number of years at a different large international law firm in Washington, Matt is now able, at Phillips Lytle, to enjoy working with clients in Chautauqua County to further the interests of this community. The Mazgajs live on a farm in Busti where they have chickens and a garden. Some of Matt’s favorite things about the area include:
- Nature – hiking, hunting and fishing
- Agriculture – visiting farms in the area, farming at his property
- Food – great restaurants across the County, Wegmans
- Beer – STB, looking forward to JBC
- People – having lived elsewhere, Matt appreciates the quality of people right here in his hometown